Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mission Accomplished (any irony is purely intentional)

Yesterday was the big day. I needed 12 miles, rode for 14. Added another ten today. I think I'll take tomorrow off. We have some running around to do, and there are some calls that I'm expecting, so it's probably best to give the bike a day of rest before the Icycle Bicycle on Thursday.

I have to say that for as much as I complained about the weather in December, these last four days have been really amazing. It's getting colder again, but it is December, after all. So thanks to Mom Nature for giving me exactly what I needed to finish off my 4,000 miles.

Looking ahead to 2009, I really think I can get 6,000 in. In 2008, I didn't hit 1,000 miles until June 2nd, which means it took me better than five months to get to 1,000 miles! When I look at the calendar, I wonder what the heck I was doing in those early months. Like February, where I didn't ride at all. That is just silly.

I realize that the weather in January and February won't necessarily be as rideable. I'd rather ride in snow than rain, though, so who knows. Either way, if I can get between 1,000 and 1,200 by the time the end of March rolls around, I'll feel pretty good about my chances to cram another 5,000 miles into the remaining nine months. We'll see.

No comments: