2011 was a pretty good year on the bike. Some numbers (Because everyone loves numbers, right?):
- Days on the bike: 282
- Total miles: 7,693
- Miles/day average (over 282 days): 27
- Miles/day average (over 365 days): 21
- Month with the most miles: July (1,053)
- Commuting miles: 5,071
The 7,693 miles I rode in 2011 came out to be 3,566 miles more than I'd ridden in 2010.
Can I possibly best that in 2012? Maybe. I'm already 57 miles ahead of where I was on January 6th of last year. And I still have to ride home tonight.
Seriously, if it wasn't for commuting, I'd have never racked up that kind of mileage. The 22+ miles/day of commuting is probably my favorite part of the job. I'm pretty sure that would be the case no matter where I worked. I love having the ability to get myself to and from work without a car, under my own power, and without having to sit in/be a part of traffic.
- Finished the Hilly Billy Roubaix. I attempted it in 2010 but quit with 32 miles to go. No quitting in 2011.
- Completed my second Dirty Dozen.
- Finished 10th overall in the Men's 3/4 category for the ABRA CX Series.
Lowlights? Not many that I can recall. One that stands out: landing on my face during the first lap of a short-track XC race on the slag heaps adjacent to Frick. Had to go the ER after that one and get stitches above my upper lip.
Goals for 2012?
- Podium for at least one of the ABRA Cyclocross Men's 3/4 races.
- Do some actual training this year to make No.1 happen.
- Third Dirty Dozen.
That's all I have for right now. I was a horrible blogger in 2011. Will I be better this year? Maybe?