Chris Mayhew organized a little Dirty Dozen scouting ride for Sunday morning. This was a good thing because a) Saturday was kind of gross out and I didn't feel like heading down for the WPW training ride, b) having skipped said WPW ride, I really wanted to get out and get some hills under my belt, and 3) Chris's plans were to do the whole thing, and I wanted to see if I could even make it through from start to finish.
Here are a few details:
- Eight of us started from the Oval at 10:00 AM
- The weather was great. Clear and sunny all day, with temps somewhere in the mid-to-upper 40s.
- Three of us (Chris, Robbie, and I) finished at the top of Flowers/Kilbourne/Tesla sometime around 1:30 or so.
- The five that peeled off at varying points in time did so of their own volition, not because of mechanicals or anything like that.
- In the time between, we climbed ten of the thirteen hills on the DD route.
- We skipped Canton, Boustead, and Barry/Holt/Eleanor.
All in all, I'd say I felt pretty good. I was still on my bike when I got to the top of each hill. I wasn't flying, but I wasn't puking, either. I was slightly disappointed that we skipped out on Canton, just because I still haven't tried it yet, but I'll just have to make sure I get myself over there this coming weekend.
At some point I need to swap a 12-27 cassette from the Portland to the Bianchi. I've been doing fine with the 12-25, but those two teeth might make a little bit of a difference.