Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Wheels on the Bike Go Round and Round

It's been a pretty good summer for riding.

On June 1, I did a metric century at the 65 Roses Ride for Cystic Fibrosis. The next weekend, my friend Chris and I did the MS-150 (Cranberry, PA to Conneaut, OH). In August, I logged 755 miles, most of it just by commuting every day, and this past Sunday, my friend Jon and I rode an imperial century for the Western Pennsylvania Wheelmen's Fall Rally. All told, since I bought my new bike in May, I've put on 2643 miles, almost as much as I rode all of last year.

The best thing about last Sunday's ride is that even after 100 miles, my ass didn't hurt at all. That's a huge improvement over the MS-150, where I wanted to die every time I got back on my bike on the second day. So what changed? After I got back from the MS-150, I bought a new saddle. I also got some shorts that actually fit me. Man, what a difference.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: